Adding Computer to Collection

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:16 AM

Anyone else having problems with the collection variable being passed to the webservice? I'm seeing a "No CollectionID supplied. Skipping further processing" entry in the MAIK Koster log files for the web service. I'm also seeing the display names for the OS image choices appear with extra inverted commas and open/close brackets and this is with the default text in the webconfig file. I have obviously configured the rest of the settings and I can see it querying other sccm tables. When I acutally select the Deploy button it just freezes.

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Hi, did you modify the config.web for your environment?

Most of the variables need to be modified for your environment including the collection variables.

I will have better configuration directions posted in the next day or 2.

Chris Stauffer <><

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Hi Chris,

Yes, certainly did its just not passing any variable at all to the web service. by default its also showing extra commas and brackets in the OS to deploy.

As you can below, this is the default config file with only my modifications to the collection value and name of image to deploy, I have left the other 3 options unchanged in the file. You can see that I am getting leading inverted commas, text and closed brackets. Have tried modifying with leading spaces etc in my config file but I still get the garbage at the start which seems to be being pulled from the asp files.

I will wait for you to update the instructions. Its mostly likely something I have done.

Cheers
Damon

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:29 AM, chrstauffe <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi, did you modify the config.web for your environment?

Most of the variables need to be modified for your environment including the collection variables.

I will have better configuration directions posted in the next day or 2.

Chris Stauffer <><

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (OSDeplymentWizard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email OSDeplymentWizard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2011 at 11:54 PM

tracing is now turned on in the web.config file, if you check the tracing do you have entries in the variables?

if you change <trace enabled="true" pageOutput="false" requestLimit="40" localOnly="false"/> to

<trace enabled="true" pageOutput="true" requestLimit="40" localOnly="false"/>

it should show the tracing on the output in the browser or you can go to

http://localhost/Deploy_beta/trace.axd

on the server hosting the site.

if your variables are blank then something isn't setup right in the web.config file.

you can learn more here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wwh16c6c.aspx

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:13 AM
No collection variable is being posted - though I be stuffed if I can see what is wrong in the web.config file.

Will keep working on it.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM, chrstauffe <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

tracing is now turned on in the web.config file, if you check the tracing do you have entries in the variables?

if you change <trace enabled="true" pageOutput="false" requestLimit="40" localOnly="false"/> to

<trace enabled="true" pageOutput="true" requestLimit="40" localOnly="false"/>

it should show the tracing on the output in the browser or you can go to

http://localhost/Deploy_beta/trace.axd

on the server hosting the site.

if your variables are blank then something isn't setup right in the web.config file.

you can learn more here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wwh16c6c.aspx

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (OSDeplymentWizard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email OSDeplymentWizard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM

The nested double-quotes didn't work for me.

First one has nested double-quotes (didn't work in my environment):

<input type="radio" name="CollID" value=”<asp:Literal ID="Literal1" runat="server" Text="<%$appSettings:Collection1 %>" />”

This one has nested single quotes which worked for my environment:

<input type="radio" name="CollID" value='<asp:Literal ID="Literal1" runat="server" Text="<%$appSettings:Collection1 %>" />'

I had to bug one of my ASP guys to look at it with me, as I am but a simple computer guy.

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2013 at 1:27 PM
My guess is that you dont have something correct in the WEB.Config

Our ASP guy who is a former MVP reviewed the code after this post and said it is correct on the ASPX files.

My guess is that maybe you have extra quotes on the web.config file that is causing the issue.

Thanks,
Christopher Stauffer <><

Enterprise SMS Admin
Enterprise AD Admin

Mail: CStauffer@myitforum.com
Blog: http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/community/members/chrisstauffer/

{Microsoft Certified}
-- MCSA: Server Administrator
-- MCITP: Server Administrator
-- MCTS: SCCM 2007
-- MCP:SMS 2003
{CompTIA Certified}
-- CompTIA A+
-- CompTIA Security +

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:05 AM
To: cstauffer@myitforum.com
Subject: Re: Adding Computer to Collection [OSDeplymentWizard:274797]

The nested double-quotes didn't work for me.

First one has nested double-quotes (didn't work in my environment):

<input type="radio" name="CollID" value="<asp:Literal ID="Literal1" runat="server" Text="<%$appSettings:Collection1 %>" />"

This one has nested single quotes which worked for my environment:

<input type="radio" name="CollID" value='<asp:Literal ID="Literal1" runat="server" Text="<%$appSettings:Collection1 %>" />'

I had to bug one of my ASP guys to look at it with me, as I am but a simple computer guy.

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM

You are probably right, but the important thing is it's now working and this is an AWESOME web console.

Thank you for posting this Codeplex project, it's going to save a great deal of time for us!

Regards,

Jon